Home

"Dublin's Oldest Shop"

WHO
WE ARE

House of Read, No 4 Parliament Street: A Gentleman’s Hideaway,

Stepping in to House of Read at No 4 Parliament Street is to step in to a shop interior that would be recognisable to the customers who made purchase here in the eighteenth century as it is Dublin’s oldest Gentlemen’s Merchant House and Shop.

Originally established as a cutlers in 1670, the Read family at No 4 Parliament Street are world renowned for the manufacture and sale of cutlery, swords, instruments and grooming products for over 340 years for Dublin’s nobility, gentry and grand tourists.

Thought to be the spiritual home of the Guinness family, The building housed an artisan manufacturing shop and was a home to the Read family whilst also being used for Guild meetings and fencing classes